THE NEXT GENERATION TRAINER
The new Aermacchi M-345 is the latest-generation training platform from Leonardo Aircraft, ideally-suited for the entire training syllabus, from basic to advanced missions.
The M-345 has been developed exploiting all the consolidated experience gained by Leonardo Aircraft in designing and manufacturing its wide family of trainer aircraft in the past 60 years.
The aircraft is fitted with simple, essential systems for maximum safety and reliability with minimum maintenance needs. As a result the M-345 is a turbofan powered high efficiency trainer with Life-Cycle Costs comparable to those of heavy turboprop trainers but with better performance.
- 15,000 Flight Hours fatigue life
- Widespread use of composite materials
Engine & Fuel System
- A Williams FJ44-4M-34 highly efficient turbofan engine with FADEC
- Two non-pressurized internal fuel tanks with provision for carriage of two external fuel tanks (265 lt each)
- Single point pressure refueling/defueling system
- Two latest generation Martin Baker IT16D model with “0-0” capability Ejection Seats Oxygen
- On-Board Oxygen Generating System (OBOGS)
- Latest generation Human-Machine Interface
- Embedded GPS/Inertial navigation system and Radar altimeter (EGIR)
- Two V/UHF radios
- IFF transponder
- TCAS, MIDCAS
- Radio-Aided mode, based on TACAN and VOR/ILS/MB
- Digital Moving Map
- Voice command
- Hands On Throttle And Stick (HOTAS) controls
- Three 5”x7” LCD Multi-Function Displays (MFD)
- Raster/stroke type Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Up-Front Control Panel (UFCP)
- Get Home Display, for back up flight data
- Stores Management System
- Integrated central Audio Warning
INTEGRATED TRAINING SYSTEM
With the M-345 Leonardo Aircraft has leveraged its unsurpassed experience in pilot training to create an Integrated Training System (ITS) capable of smoothly transitioning pilots fresh from basic trainers to the latest next generation fighters.
The optimal balance of real aircraft and appropriate simulation reduces costs without compromising quality, allowing fewer to generate more
With low operating cost and an affordable price, the M-345 is the ideal basic-advanced jet based training solution for Air Forces around the world, replicating the experience of flying modern, agile aircraft. The Italian Air Force is the launch customer for the M-345 aircraft.
Operators benefit from a two-level maintenance concept (organisational and intermediate) for aircraft, equipment and systems. Whilst an on-board Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) enables data-collection and monitoring, contributing to the long life of the airframe and simplifying maintenance activities.