The SW-4 is a light single multi-purpose helicopter designed to carry up to 5 people, including pilot(s) under day and night VFR conditions. Modern technology, low operational cost and ease of flying make the SW-4 an excellent entry point to the light turbine helicopter segment.
The SW-4 has been designed incorporating the most advanced technologies and features:
- Fully articulated main rotor hub with three composite blades
- Two composite tail rotor blades
- Crashworthy seats (pilots and passengers)
- Hydraulic flight controls
- Easy conversion between cargo and passenger configurations
- Easy access to the cabin enabled by:
- 2 Cockpit hinged doors one on each side
- 2 Cabin sliding doors one on each side
- Highest useful load in its class*
- Best range and endurance of its class*
- Reduced operational cost
The fuselage and the structural components of the airframe have been designed with state-of-the-art materials making extensive use of composite materials.
COMFORT AND ACCESSIBILITY
The large cabin provides passengers with excellent comfort, ample legroom and superior external visibility. Access to the main cabin area is through 2 rear sliding doors and 2 forward hinged doors on both sides of the fuselage.
The cabin has been designed to provide high levels of operational flexibility. It can be quickly and easily reconfigured from a passenger layout to a cargo solution capable of carrying up to 323 kg (712 lb) in the cabin and a further 150 kg (331 lb) in the baggage compartment.
*Light single up to 1,800 kg / 3,968 lb
Multirole capability, to satisfy present and future operational requirements, has been one of the priority targets of the PZL Swidnik engineers in designing the helicopter architecture.
The SW-4 is perfectly suited for passenger transport, primary and advanced training, patrolling and surveillance. The helicopter provides the best range of operation in its class.
The Military variant of the SW-4 can be fitted with external extension arms capable of carrying specialist role equipment up to 240 kg (529 lb).
- Removable Co-pilot Controls
- Vibration Absorbing System
- Moving Map
- Radio Altimeter
- IFR Training Kit
- External Cargo Sling
- Bambi Bucket
- Emergency Medical System Kit
- Wire Strike Protection
- FLIR / TV System
- External Loudspeaker System
- Windshield wipers
- Flotation Gear System